Sonntag, 13. November 2011

Birmingham impressions - Volume 2

Before I came to Birmingham, I didn't really have a very good impression of the city. The images I found on the internet gave me the feeling that the city may be best described with the words "industrial", "grey'" and that it maybe quite nice, but really nothing special. When I discovered the city I found out, that it's much more beautiful than I thought. I really like Birmingham and I really think that the images you can see online are not very encouraging to come here.
For my enterprise project at Birmingham City University (I'm studying my MA in Online Journalism) I'm creating a website with impressions of the city - of course some who've been to Birmingham may still not think, that it is a nice city, as this is subjective, but I do. The film is the main part of the project, trying to convince people, that Birmingham's not just "the second city" but a very nice one, too. I hope the video fulfills this aim. Feedback and comments are of course greatly appreciated. :)
This is my second video about Birmingham, some parts of it are used in this video, too. Many thanks to my friend Sebastian Huber, who gave me the rights to use (and shorten) his song "Day Night Day".

4 Kommentare:

  1. Great stuff once again - like the transition to night and the composition of some of those shots is wonderful - particularly like the Broad Street statue one. Overall this feels slicker although I miss the variation in pace that the older one had, but I guess you can't have both!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Mir gefällts auch. Meine Lieblingsszene ist die mit den rot werdenden Telefonhäuschen...insgesamt hast Du Dich mehr mit Farbgebung beschäftigt, oder? Manchmal wirkt B'ham wie Amsterdam. Keep' up the good work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. too long; the planes are unrelated, so theres no history, so its boring and confusing; the planes duration is "weird" (you try to follow the music, i guess, but dsnt match); planes that should be short are long and long are short; tries to be a videoclip?; there are some main themes: people, city, water, lamps(?); and of course, music suddenly stops(looks like an error?); Most images are ok, editing fails, imho.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for your opinion, although I would have preferred to discuss with a person instead of an "anonymous".

      I have to disagree with the music, there's no error or sudden stop there. Moreover: The clips are very much related, as it's a video about a city and all those places are in Birmingham.

      The rest you mentioned is indeed up to everyone's opinion. Thanks for yours!

      Löschen